Event postponed we hope to reschedule for later in 2021.
- The opportunity to perform in an elite level symphonic wind band, playing top quality repertoire for a single concert performance in an outstanding venue.
- Access to unique professional development opportunities for musicians and conductors. Through an innovative approach to the preparation and rehearsal process, this initiative will assist musicians and conductors who deal with wind bands in educational institutions and the community. As part of the Yamaha Wind Orchestra, the ensemble members will receive learning materials related to repertoire selection, program design, score preparation / study, rehearsal / conducting techniques and more!
- Applicants MUST be 18 years or older as at the date of first rehearsal (29 May, 2021).
- Applicants must play a symphonic wind band instrument (piccolo, flute, oboe, bassoon, Eb clarinet, Bb clarinet, Bb bass clarinet, Eb / Bb contra-alto/contra-bass clarinet, Bb soprano Sax, Eb alto sax, Bb tenor sax, Eb baritone sax, trumpet, french horn, trombone, euphonium, tuba, string bass, percussion, or harp).
- Playing audition is by video submission (Due date: FRIDAY 16 April, 2021). The video needs to have clear visibility of the player and instrument and reasonable quality audio (decent quality phone recordings are fine). The audition recording should demonstrate the player’s highest level of ability on TWO contrasting items (or sections of a single item): one displaying expert technical ability/control, the other displaying lyrical/expressive style.
- Applications will be reviewed by a panel, including experts outside of Yamaha Music Australia, and selection decisions will be final.
- This activity is part of Yamaha Music Australia’s support of music educators so there is no fee to participate. Yamaha will assist in covering the cost of accommodation for interstate participants for both weekends and lunches will be provided free of charge for all players.
- If you would like to also audition for one of the limited number of opportunities to rehearse, conduct and be mentored in addition to playing in the ensemble, you should be comfortable rehearsing and conducting wind band music from levels 3-4. To be considered for this conducting opportunity please specify you are interested in being a player AND conductor in your email.