Acoustic Piano Manufacturer’s Warranty Australia
YAMAHA sells its products through a network of Authorised Yamaha Acoustic Piano Dealers and is pleased to offer the following manufacturer’s warranty. This warranty applies to products purchased from Authorised Yamaha dealers throughout Australia. Yamaha suggests that you read the warranty terms and conditions thoroughly, and invite you to contact your Authorised Yamaha Dealer or Yamaha Service Division if you have any questions.
|Type of Product and /or defect||Duration of Manufacturer’s Warranty*|
|Acoustic Pianos||10 years|
|Disklavier||10 years / 3 years**|
|Silent Pianos||10 years / 3 years**|
|*From date of purchase from an authorised YAMAHA Acoustic Piano dealer
**10 year manufacturer’s warranty applies to acoustic component of piano. The electronic Disklavier component come with a 3 year manufacturer’s warranty
***10 year manufacturer’s warranty applies to acoustic component of piano. The electronic Silent System component come with a 3 year manufacturer’s warranty
What is Covered?
The warranty covers all defects in materials or workmanship for the duration of the product warranty and is in addition to the protection conferred by law.
This warranty provides for parts and labour, repairs are free of charge provided work is carried out by one of our Authorised Acoustic Piano Service Agents.
Australian customers: Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
The warranty details and conditions outlined apply only to products and equipment sold within Australia and distributed by Yamaha Music Australia.
What is not Covered?
- Yamaha instruments purchased in Australia from non-authorised Yamaha dealers.
- Yamaha instruments purchased or imported from overseas.
- Damage, deterioration or malfunction resulting from accident, negligence, misuse, abuse, operation or failure to follow instructions contained in your Owner's Manual;
- Damage or loss to the product during shipment (all claims relating to freight/shipment damage should be presented to the carrier);
- Repair or attempted repair by anyone other than YAMAHA or an YAMAHA Acoustic Piano Service Centre;
- Normal wear and any periodic maintenance;
- ****Deterioration by reason of perspiration, corrosive atmosphere, or other external causes such as extremes in temperature or humidity;
- Any products on which the serial number has been altered, defaced, modiﬁed or removed;
- Evidence of alteration, erasing or forgery of proof of purchase documents will void this warranty.
- The replacement of parts necessitated by normal wear and tear, including string breakage, tarnishing and rusting;
- Changes in the condition of the cabinet finish;
- Tuning, voicing and regulation;
- Any adjustments that are deemed to be a normal part of set-up and/or maintenance.
Yamaha reserves the right to charge you for parts, labour and ancillary cost associated with rectification work, if the fault is not as a result of a manufacturing defect. You will be notified if your product is found to be ineligible for warranty repair.
****Caution: In areas of high humidity additional precautions may be necessary as a preventative measure against rust or corrosion.
What you should do to obtain warranty service
We recommend that in the instance that Yamaha Acoustic Pianos require warranty service, the store of purchase should be notified immediately. The store of purchase will be able to liaise with Yamaha Music Australia to arrange an inspection from an Authorised Service Agent. In the case that an inspection reveals no warranty eligible defect, Yamaha Music Australia reserves the right to charge you for the inspection.
Keep your original receipt or proof of purchase in a safe place as it may be required when making a claim under this warranty.