Digital Pianos, Electronic Keyboards & Clavinova Manufacturer's Warranty Australia
Yamaha sells its products through a network of Authorised Yamaha Keyboard and Digital Piano dealers and is pleased to offer the following warranty. This warranty applies to products supplied by Yamaha Music Australia and purchased from an Authorised Yamaha Dealer. Yamaha suggests that you read the warranty terms and conditions thoroughly, and invite you to contact your Authorised Yamaha Dealer or Yamaha Service Division if you have any questions.
|Type of Product and/or defect||Warranty Period*|
|Clavinova, Modus, Arius, P-Series and DGX Series Digital Pianos||3 years|
|Avant Grand Hybrid Pianos||3 years|
|Keyboard Accessories, Music Laboratory System Components and DD-65 Digital Percussion||3 years|
*From date of purchase from an authorised Yamaha Keyboard and Digital Piano dealer
The Australian Consumer Law guarantees certain conditions, warranties and undertakings, in relation to the quality and fitness for purpose of products sold in Australia.
Therefore in addition to the provisions of this Yamaha warranty, our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. What constitutes a major failure is set out in the Australian Consumer Law.
Yamaha Warranty Provisions
What is Covered?
Yamaha product warranty covers defects in materials or workmanship for the duration of the warranty period. This warranty provides free of charge and parts labour provided work is carried out by one of our Authorised Keyboard and Digital Piano Service Centres.
The following warranty details and conditions apply only to products and equipment sold within Australia and distributed by Yamaha Music Australia.
What is not Covered?
- Freight and handling costs
- Yamaha instruments purchased in Australia from non-authorised Yamaha dealers.
- Yamaha instruments purchased or imported from overseas.
- Damage, deterioration or malfunction resulting from accident, negligence, misuse, abuse, operation or failure to follow instructions contained in your Owner's Manual;
- Damage or loss to the product during shipment (all claims relating to freight/shipment damage should be presented to the carrier);
- Repair or attempted repair by anyone other than Yamaha or a Yamaha Authorised Keyboard and Digital Piano Service Centre;
- Normal wear and any periodic maintenance;
- Deterioration by reason of perspiration, corrosive atmosphere, or other external causes such as extremes in temperature or humidity;
- Any products on which the serial number has been altered defaced modiﬁed or removed.
- Evidence of alteration, erasing or forgery of proof of purchase documents will void this warranty.
Yamaha reserves the right to charge you for parts, labour and ancillary cost associated with rectification work, if the fault is not as a result of a manufacturing defect. You will be notified if your product is found to be ineligible for warranty repair.
What you should do to obtain warranty service
We recommend that Yamaha music products requiring warranty service should in the first instance be returned to the store of purchase. Alternatively, it may be delivered to a Yamaha Authorised Service Centre with your original purchase receipt, name, address and daytime contact details.
To find you nearest Yamaha Authorised Service Center Click on the link below then select your product type and location.
Keep your original receipt or proof of purchase in a safe place as it may be required when making a claim under this warranty.
We recommend you keep all the original packaging, as it provides the best protection in the event you have to transport the instrument in the future.
Notes on returning and or shipping your instrument for service
If you are using a carrier to ship your instrument for service, we recommend that you contact the Service Centre or dealer concerned prior to shipment. Care should be taken to ensure your instrument is properly packed, in a suitable container and adequately protected to prevent damage during transport. Particular attention should be given to securing all moving or delicate parts. (Yamaha is not liable for damage or loss by your carrier)
We recommend that the following information be included with repairs
1. Your name and address
2. Original purchase receipt or proof-of-purchase from an authorised Yamaha Dealer
3. A description of the fault or reason for return
4. A daytime contact telephone number